I made one the yesterday, but screwed up the pattern. I was a little vexed because the pattern – Easy Make, Easy On, Booties by Aunt B of Bev’s Country Cottage – calls for an H for use with a baby/sport weight yarn. Then while searching Ravelry, I found patterns, again using sport/baby weight yarn with an H hook. It totally baffles me that one would use such a big hook for an item you want to snug. Whatever, Mary! I’ll never have babies. The pattern was easy to follow and creates an easy, pretty little bootie.
I used Patons Lace (Fiber Content: 80% Acrylic, 10% Mohair, 10% Wool; Yarn Color: 33129 Porcelain; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport/Baby) with a US F/5 – 3.75 mm hook. The finished objects measure about 2 inches from heel to toe.
This is another stash busting sample for the proposed stash busting crochet event at Concepts In Yarn and Needlepoint. I made it yesterday in about six hours (only because I fudged the construction). This works up real quick and is an excellent stash buster for those short scraps.
This piece measures approximately 16 (D) x 5 (H) inches. The yarn used for this project is some unlabeled acrylic from my own stash. The crochet technique is called Entrelac Crochet and is constructed in a Tunisian method.
This cowl will be donated to Handmade Especially For You after the stash busting crochet event and I can teach you this technique during the event…for FREE!
I may be partial to my own crochet, but I think my revised version (right side, worked in the round, no seam) looks nicer: the stitch definition is the same on every row. The yarn used in the revised version is a continuation of the same skein of Patons Lace (Fiber Content: 80% Acrylic, 10% Mohair, 10% Wool; Yarn Color: 33129 Porcelain; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport/Baby).
As an observer noted on my Facebook page, I don’t usually use/recommend natural fibers for infant items, because of unknown fiber allergies; these are just samples.
I rephotographed the first one because I had folded the brim wrong. As you can see they are the same size for the most part despite the left one having a 25-stitch circumference and the right one having a 24 stitch circumference.
Once again, no students at my crochet class, so the owner and I got together and came up with an event to introduce me to the store patrons. I will be spending the whole day in the shop and facilitating a charity crochet stash event. All items completed during the day will be donated to Handmade Especially For You, who will be meeting in the store in the evening.
This is one pattern that will be made available to patrons, as well as stash yarn provided by the store in addition to patrons stash and hooks provided on loan by me. I can’t believe this hat [4 (H) x 2.5 (W) inches] would fit a preemie. It looks too small. Additionally, I am not a fan of the pattern, indicating seaming. Seaming may be okay for knitting, but crochet makes seaming senseless. Of course I will redesign.
I used Patons Lace (Fiber Content: 80% Acrylic, 10% Mohair, 10% Wool; Yarn Color: 33129 Porcelain; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport/Baby) with an F hook, indicated by the pattern. I love this yarn for its color gradients.
This pattern is very easy; one of those mindless crochet projects that works up very quickly because of a simple 2 row repeat that is easy to remember.
Yarn: Universal Cotton Supreme DK Fiber Content: 100% Cotton Yarn Color A: 701 White Yarn Color B: 713 Hot Pink Yarn Color C: 723 Silken Yarn Weight: 3, DK
This yarn is so soft and buttery, reminding me of corn silk. Working with cotton always presents the same challenge for me: tension, especially when the cotton is being used for a garment on which you want a drape.
When I was a kid, I had a set of Pentel markers – the big one with 64 or more colors. Anyway, I remember one color called Carmine; maybe that’s where my love of flamingos was conceived. The hot pink in the attached pictures is not a true accurate representation of the color, but that’s how my eye wants to see it. Either way, I think I got luck with my color choices.
The name of this project – American Pie by Don McLean – was originally a twist on my first pi project, where the digits of pi would determine the stripe pattern. My mistake was to interpret the digits as repeats, which was entirely unnecessary. As such the last three color changes are inaccurate and represent the last of the yarn I had purchased.
I love the texture this stitch pattern creates and the cotton really picks it up and shows it off well.
Dimensions: 50 (W) x 23 (H) inches Price: USD $96.00
An former customer of mine called me yesterday and asked if I could make some chemotherapy caps for a friend of hers. I love this turban, but wasn’t too keen on the gather until I saw these pictures, which display it properly.
Gosh! I even look Indian. That’s me doing my Norma Desmond impression: “All right, Mr. de Mille, I’m ready for my close-up.”
So now that I can’t sell my trademarked patterns on Ravelry, I can still sell my charting services.
If you have a graphic you want charted for an afghan or other fiber product that shall be crocheted, I can create the chart for you, and even a spreadsheet for larger items such as a 6 x 4 foot afghan. Here are some examples:
It’s been said the third time is a charm; let’s see if this is true. I have now removed the afghan image from the pattern due to Ravelry’s response:
Unacceptable image. Whether the pattern is charted or not, it is still an unacceptable pattern since it uses a trademarked image.
I have also included instructions on the Ravelry Store pattern where one can view the finished product, which would be here. Again, the pattern on my Patterns Page remains intact with an image of the finished product and a PDF chart.