I started this cowl with Cat Bordhi’s mobius cast on and knitted almost one hank of Newton’s Yarn Country Spirit before I noticed – or forgot – that only half of the cowl would be in stockinette. As such, the height of the cowl was less than desired due to the slight curl going from stockinette to garter. I attempted to undo the cast one, but encountered difficulty and ended up frogging the whole cowl.
I shortened my new cast on by 10 stitches and thought a stockinette would look nice with this ribbon yarn. Now I am noticing how the stockinette is curling vertically – I was under the impression that stockinette only curled horizontally. I am going to do a 2 x 2 rib, but didn’t want to be accountable for maintaining stitch counts. I think I will continue with the stockinette, as I have two hanks, which should compensate for the curling.