I finally reached my tipping point and frogged International Bright Young Thing.
When I took it off the needles, the biggest infraction was the double-knitting, which affected the border due to halving the number of stitches because I wanted only yarn A on the outside.
While the shawl was on the needles, I could not see the lavender, which is clearly seen in this picture.
I was not happy with the way the spine was working up with the double-knitting
Finally, I did not know how big the shawl was. My original goal was 600 stitches; I ended up at 400.
I think I am going to try it again, but using a rib or stockinette – despite my loathing of blocking – to try and disrupt the striping more, and remove the lavender, which I can use with a darker lavender for the next shawl, which must be crocheted!
Aiyaa! These damn meds are really screwing me up. Even this morning I was having a hard time staying awake. I suppose the I should be grateful the fog cleared enough for me to notice my error. I had to frog eight rows because my symmetry became askew. Two rows down, need to re-crochet six.
I think staying up late watching Grimm and Emerald City did not exactly contribute to focus on my crochet. I blame super hot David Giuntoli, Sasha Roiz and Oliver Jackson Cohen. The good news is that I slept through the night for the first time in over a month…no dreams, nasty or otherwise.
I blame my meds and poor lighting for the constant fuck ups on International Bright Young Thing. It is simple knit: only garter, six increases every other row, three on each side. Yet I keep getting uneven stitch counts on either side. Aiyaa!
Maybe it’s time to do some crochet on I Say A Little Prayer. I am using – what I have come discover is called – Moss Stitch, also known as Granite Stitch, and I am loving it. It reminds me of knitted linen stitch, but much faster. By chance I happened to check inside the cone to see if I had stored the yarn label in there..voila! The yarn I am using is Newton’s Yarn Country Nevada (Fiber Content: 100% Rayon).
Yesterday upon starting International Bright Young Thing in pattern – Drachenschwanzschal “Summerfeeling” by Monika Cyrol – I went supernova when I realized I was now encountering a stitch count problem again, in the increase row. I am pretty sure I know where the problem is; it’s that “1K re.” I believe it’s an increase, but this 1 increase still does not make up the difference. I also don’t believe I am actually being listened to or there is a possible language barrier. Oh well, NEXT!
Wanting to just start something, I changed the pattern to 5 Basic Shawl Shapes Cheat Sheet by Derya Davenport. It is going well, despite one tinking occurrence of about two and a half rows, which I was able to repair without making it worse. 😀
Found this pattern: Ombre Shawl Crochet Pattern on the internet and loved the look of the shawl. The beginning was a little tricky – due to poor vision, but once I picked it up. I am making Digging Your Scene – by The Blow Monkeys – Wrap with the leftovers from the Oakland Raiders Afghan: Michaels Loops & Threads Impeccable (Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic; Yarn Colors: 01005 White, 01040 Black, and 01044 True Grey; Yarn Weight: 4, Aran) on a US K10.5/6.5 MM hook.
To honor Maddie Made It’s hospitality Friday night, and the 25% discount I received on my purchase, I bought some Universal Cotton Supreme DK (Fiber Content: 100% Cotton; Yarn Colors: 701 White, 723 Silken, and best guess: 713 Hot Pink; Yarn Weight: 3, DK) and started American Pie – by Don McLean and based on the pi-influenced stripe pattern. With approximately 690 yards, and with a US F5/3.75 MM hook, I figure I’ll get a small shawl if not a large kerchief, either way, I just love the color combo.
In an effort to have less scraps lying around, I decided to start a scrapghan. I am crocheting a ribbed afghan, using alternating front and back post triple crochets. So far I have used Patons Canadiana (Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic, Yarn Color: 11420 Pretty Baby, Yarn Weight: 4, Worsted) from A-Tisket, A-Tasket Kerchief, some unknown blue from Agua de Beber Cowl, and three unknown purples from a test afghan I had previously started. For this project I am also using a J hook. I thought the project name – Pick Up The Pieces by Average White Band, was appropriate for this scrapghan.
The more I crochet, the more I am liking it due to speed of project completion. After yesterday’s tension mishap, I started a classic back loop single crochet ripple cowl in black and orange for Halloween. Believe me the tension on this one is exactly what I like, achieved by using a J hook. I am using my unlabeled black acrylic yarn stash and a cone of orange that I purchased at Newton’s Yarn Country, during my first visit to their Fall Festival Parking Lot Sale. Coincidentally, I am scheduled to go to Newton’s on Sunday with a member from my One Skein Short group for the Fall Festival Parking Lot Sale; I’ll need to confirm with her on Thursday at our group’s fifth anniversary dinner at Alejo’s Restaurant. The project name – Monster Mash by Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers – is the only other song in my music library that seemed appropriate for the color scheme.