Smiling Faces Sometimes by The Undisputed Truth refers to the fact that I was smiling sometimes – when I figured out why the pattern kept bowing.
About The Project
This project marks the end of my Bernat Baby Coordinates from my stash…finally! The only amount left will be used in a scrap project. I was not sure how big this project would be; I’m glad that it is big enough to be used as something practical. I was prematurely thinking mama could use this as a pad for Mini Mikey due to the thickness created by alternating back and front post double crochets.
About The Pattern
I may write it up, but I am sure there are plenty out there already. I will check and if not, I will write up the pattern now that I know the secret to making this pattern coming out flat.
It’s finally done: 225 Motifs plus a border that required turning a total of approximately 320 times…and in plenty of time before the arrival of my great nephew Michael Kenneth Aguilar, due in January 2018. This blanket measures approximately 36 x 36 inches for the motifs only, and approximately 38 x 38 inches including the border.
Click an image for enlargement / slide show
The Circus Baby Blanket
The Circus Baby Blanket
The Circus Baby Blanket
About the Pattern
I will be writing this baby blanket up as a pattern that will be available on th e AHW Pattern Page and my Ravelry store. The motifs are based on a video I found, but had to revise to my liking. The border is also a video that I had to modify to my liking and to fit within a ten-stitch space versus the original eighteen-stitch multiple.
Fiber Content: 75.2% Acrylic, 22.2% Acetate, 2.6% Nylon Yarn Color: 01009 Soft Blue, 01012 Iced Mint, 01011 Lemon Custard, and (no yarn label for color number) White Yarn Weight: 3, DK
So glad to be able to destash! This blanket border might benefit from a yarn that would provide better stitch definition. Definitely a yarn with more body might improve the appearance of the entire blanket.
Despite rusty counting skills, I finally finished Days Go By Sweater for M. K. Aguilar. I can’t believe how complicated a simple pattern can be. I saw this sweater as I was surfing for a pattern. I immediately loved the Hexagon Sweater at Cozy’s Corner. As it turned out, it is based on Elizabeth Zimmerman’s sweater, the pattern I never acquired. The first thing that bothered me about the pattern was the neglect that one is crocheting a piece that is “meant” to ripple and curl. Because of this error, I made the pieces twice! I’ll chalk counting errors up to poor health and painful feed.
Anyway, I am finally done and I love it! I might put snaps on, but will wait to talk to the mama. This sweater was made from Bernat Baby Coordinates (Fiber Content: 75.2% Acrylic, 22.2 % Acetate, 2.6% Nylon; Yarn Color: 01009 Soft Blue; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport) with a US F/3.75 mm hook. I want to make one in green and blue stripes next.
The project name – Days Go By by Dirty Vegas – was a random pick from my music library, but is kind of apropos as to the passing of time to birth day.
I am really loving the colors on this mid-riff shawl. I would have made it longer, but the back is approximately twice the length of the sides due to a mistake in construction. Despite the mistake, I like the lay of the shawl on the shoulders, contouring the natural shape of ones neck, shoulders and back. This shawl was made from some gradient yarn (D & F) gifted to me by an old acquaintance a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Much to my surprise some, the yarn F turned out to be something extra special, and that is provided I have the identification correct. Yarn D also turned out to be a natural fiber yarn, per a burn test. The solids I had purchased a long time ago for a Create Your Own Knitted Shawl Class I had taken; I never finished that shawl. I also was not crazy about the back loop single crochet at the beginning, but began to like it as I progress.
This is MY proposed color scheme for my next shawl: Crooked Teeth – by Death Cab for Cutie. If you would like to suggest a different color scheme please leave a comment with the numbers in your suggested order. I will be checking this post tonight before I go to bed, as I am due in the “dentist” office first thing tomorrow and will begin this shawl as I sit in the waiting room. I have a tooth that requires a root canal or extraction, a wisdom tooth that extraction is suggested, and the roots of a broken tooth that extraction is suggested.
Yesterday, I was going through some yarn on my shelf and noticed a layer of dust on the yarn. This was a clear indication to me that I need to address the yarn in this shelf immediately. Everything else is in bins and or covered, so it can wait.
The only identifiable yarns in the picture above are Pingouin Pingoluxe (Yarn #: 3; Fiber Content: 73% Acetate, 32% Polyamide; Yarn Color: 01; Yarn Weight: 3, DK) and Newton’s Yarn Country Nevada (Yarn #: 8; Fiber Content 100% Rayon).