I actually started this yesterday: On da Hook: August 22, 2015.
During my search for a single crochet shawl design for Crooked Teeth Shawl, I finally found a crescent-shaped shawl – Desperately Seeking Shallow by Min G. – and since this unknown yarn I had acquired somewhere along the way came up in the rotation of yarns to be used, I started immediately. I was not crazy about the FSC, so I started the old fashioned way but then I was not happy with the edge. Tried again with FSC, but did not like the hanging stitch at the beginning. With magic formula in hand, time to improvise: I incorporated the pattern into the first row, giving a much nicer edge; just could not get the row/stitch count to jive.
And this morning in the middle of farming and my first cup of coffee…power outage!
What to do?
Due to yarn/hook issues yesterday and trying to improvise on the fly, I decided to focus on pattern revisions – row/stitch count. I got it!
3 sc in 3rd ch from hook, sc across, 3 sc in last crochet (16)
work in pattern till row 7 (48)
Increase row (row 8)…this puts me one row behind where I am supposed to be in the pattern. Now if I just follow the pattern and keep track of my row counts, I should be done in no time. I was not crazy about the front loop single crochet and tried using my bar front loop single crochet…much better, but time consuming. When I created a worsted weight swatch last night, afghan stitch does provide a nice enough drape.
The name of this shawl Electricity by Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark – is reflective of the power outage that occurred today