Yesterday upon starting International Bright Young Thing in pattern – Drachenschwanzschal “Summerfeeling” by Monika Cyrol – I went supernova when I realized I was now encountering a stitch count problem again, in the increase row. I am pretty sure I know where the problem is; it’s that “1K re.” I believe it’s an increase, but this 1 increase still does not make up the difference. I also don’t believe I am actually being listened to or there is a possible language barrier. Oh well, NEXT!
Wanting to just start something, I changed the pattern to 5 Basic Shawl Shapes Cheat Sheet by Derya Davenport. It is going well, despite one tinking occurrence of about two and a half rows, which I was able to repair without making it worse. 😀
Yarn: Unknown (Fiber Content: Unknown [natural fiber, per burn test]). In its natural state, it appear like a dk cotton, but once I cast on, I could feel an elasticity and it feels like polyester. Anyway, I started on US 6 needles because I thought it was a dk weight. it would be light enough for the airy shawl design…wish I had some beads for weight.
Because I am not familiar with the pattern, this will be my home pattern for right now. I think the pattern will be easy to memorize and I should be able to move along quickly.
I noticed an error in the first row and contacted the pattern writer. I was shocked that despite her inability to knit at present, she corrected her PDf and sent me notification. Very impressive!