I have this started as of February 9, 2018. Since then, I was looking for yarn to complement the Universal Yarn Wisdom Yarns Naked Sock yarn I had from my stash. I finally found it, and on sale, at JOANN Fabric and Craft Store: Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Sock Weight. I bought four skeins to match the quantity of Naked Sock I had on hand. After that I started searching for a pattern. I thought I had one selected in Wrap Flower Power by Martina Paulsen, but I was missing the required needle size. Thanks to my Foxy Knits connection, I was able to order the needles without problem.
Somehow I forgot I had selected a pattern and then there was some confusion with the project name. Remembering that I had wanted to develop my half-circle/crescent shaped shawl, I started crocheting with the yarn and that’s how the stitch method and pattern got changed.
I actually started this yesterday: On da Hook: August 22, 2015.
During my search for a single crochet shawl design for Crooked Teeth Shawl, I finally found a crescent-shaped shawl – Desperately Seeking Shallow by Min G. – and since this unknown yarn I had acquired somewhere along the way came up in the rotation of yarns to be used, I started immediately. I was not crazy about the FSC, so I started the old fashioned way but then I was not happy with the edge. Tried again with FSC, but did not like the hanging stitch at the beginning. With magic formula in hand, time to improvise: I incorporated the pattern into the first row, giving a much nicer edge; just could not get the row/stitch count to jive.
And this morning in the middle of farming and my first cup of coffee…power outage!
What to do?
Due to yarn/hook issues yesterday and trying to improvise on the fly, I decided to focus on pattern revisions – row/stitch count. I got it!
3 sc in 3rd ch from hook, sc across, 3 sc in last crochet (16)
work in pattern till row 7 (48)
Increase row (row 8)…this puts me one row behind where I am supposed to be in the pattern. Now if I just follow the pattern and keep track of my row counts, I should be done in no time. I was not crazy about the front loop single crochet and tried using my bar front loop single crochet…much better, but time consuming. When I created a worsted weight swatch last night, afghan stitch does provide a nice enough drape.
The name of this shawl Electricity by Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark – is reflective of the power outage that occurred today