Dead Man’s Party Antimacassars: Full Set

Dead Man's Party Antimacassars: Full Set
©A Hooker’s World

On da Hook: March 17, 2015
Off da Hook: July 6, 2015
Pattern: Skeleton Antimacassar by Regina Rioux
Yarn: Department 71 Perle Cotton Size 8 (Fiber Content: 100% Cotton; Yarn Color: [White], Yarn Weight: < 0, 10-Count Crochet Thread)
Hook: US 8 – 1.5 mm

I finally finished and here is the full set that I was commissioned to make. The duration above represents the project time from beginning to end. Each piece can be viewed in its own post: Skull, Rib Cage, Right Humerus, Left Humerus, Right Ulna, Left Ulna, Right Hand, Left Hand. I will be throwing in the extra, practice skull also.

Critically speaking, my tension changed throughout the project, evidenced by a longer right side than left side. Additionally, I wish the side were more straight and there was less rippling on the edges. However, they are hand made and anything handmade is not going to be perfect. Besides, no human body is perfect either.

To reiterate, the project name – Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo – was a selection from my music library.

And for those word/history buffs, Macassar oil was an unguent for the hair commonly used in the early 19th century. An antimacassar was a small cloth placed over the backs or arms of chairs, or the head or cushions of a sofa, to prevent soiling of the permanent fabric.

Dead Man’s Party Antimacassar’s

Dead Man's Party Antimacassars (1 of 15)
©A Hooker’s World

On da Hook: January 17, 2015
Off da Hook: Janaury 19, 2015
Pattern: Skeleton Antimacassar by Regina Rioux
Yarn: Department 71 Perle Cotton (Fiber Content: 100% Cotton; Yarn Color: [White]; Yarn Weight: 0, Size 8 Thread)
Hook: Boye 8
Finished Size: 14 (H) x 5.25 (W) inches

I finally finished piece one of fifteen last night, despite losing two stitches. You might be able to tell by the slight bowing on the sides. I definitely can tell that my tension at the beginning was looser than it was when I finished, but not significantly, just enough that an experienced crocheter would notice. I spent about 14.25 hours making this, but some of that time was spent frogging mistakes.

This was one of the projects about which I was complaining about a couple of days ago. As of this post, I still have not received a reply from Regina regarding finished sizes. That’s why I am not linking to her pattern.

The project name – Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo – is a selection from my music library.