Click image for enlargement / slide show…
I have so much stash yarn and sometimes I start going through it all and find odds and ends that I think might look good together and wind them up into a ball. This is one that popped up recently and having also recently learned that it was a “magic ball,” my interest was spurred to make something with it.
Some of the known name brands include:
- Ironstone Bouquet of Colors Brushed Mohair (Yarn Color: Earthenware/9; Fiber Content: 78% Mohair, 13% Wool, 9% Nylon; Yarn Weight: 4, Worsted)
- Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon (Fiber Content: 90% Nylon, 10% Metallic; Yarn Color: 5 Blue Silver; Yarn Weight: 5, Bulky)
- Trendsetter Aura (Fiber Content: 100% Nylon; Yarn Color: [Grey]; Yarn Weight: 4, Worsted)
- Ice Yarn Eyelash Trawl (Fiber Content: 37% Acrylic, 60% Polyester, 3% Lurex; Yarn Color: Pink, Blue, Orange; Yarn Weight: 5, Bulky)
- Universal Yarn Classic Shades Big Time (Fiber Content: 70% Acrylic, 30% Wool; Yarn Color: Reef 801; Yarn Weight: 5, Bulky)
A second stroke of good luck was encountering this pattern – Wise Hilda’s Basic Triangle Shawl; ©2010, Kate Atherley – which I would love to make with my Koigu Kersti Merino Crepe (Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool; Yarn Colors: K4001 [Color: Celery] & K2389 [Color: Coffee]; Yarn Weight: 3, DK); I just need to work on the stripe math.
Dimensions: 62 (w) x 66 (H) [Unblocked; May be tension blocked and remeasured in future post] on US 10 needles.
Name: Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf: because of the “magic…” tu sabes!
USD $100.00 | Friends/Family Price: USD $75.00
I know I have another “magic ball” around here somewhere, but I have so much other stuff to be finishing and learning and patterning…aiyaa!