…just waiting for the gun to go!
While the yarn was still wet, after dyeing and still in a ball, I started wrapping around my thumb and elbow. That got tiring very fast and I recruited mother to stand in while I wrapped around her spread apart hands. She got tired and I ended up wrapping around the bottom of the dye pot.
I now need a niddy-noddy! 😀
My hank was very small – too small to fit on my swift. Fortunately, I had a coffee can that was the same circumference as the pot. I put the yarn around the pot on the floor and wound it on to the swift. When I came across knots – as this was pieced together from several balls Ana had created for her dye class – I untied them and felted them together. As the yarn was still damp in some spots, I left if on the swift over night with a fan on it.
Today, in an effort to maintain an organized household, I decided to wind Mr. Blue Sky up in a cake. During the process, I had about four to five breaks. I just knotted them – frustrated. I can always try to felt later.
I only used blue food color and I am so happy that I got a lighter shade of blue than expected as I am not a true blue fan. The yarn is from Newton’s Yarn Country and I some of their DK wool.