Having made When Doves Cry, a knit bias shawl, I am loving the construction and wanted to make another of my own design.
On my first attempt I was starting with a k1, yo, but that did not make joining new colors any easier, so I switched sides and began with K the whole row and ending with a k2tog at the end (beginning side). This made new color add a little easier to manage, not so loose.
I have completed my first garter stitch section and have begun a yo, k2tog lace pattern, which I have also just completed. The next section with be a continuous garter section of the leftovers of the colors used so far. After that, back to black, though in what stitch has yet to be determined.
Ugh! I already noticed a mistake in the lace, but I am not tinking or frogging back.
Oh my God! I am so glad to be done with crochet seed stitch. Now I need to figure out how I am doing to seam these strips together. My first thought is double-sided, slip-stitching for ease of matching stitch counts when the opposing stitch patters will differ. Whatever the choice will be the next post will be to mark the completion of this project.
“What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?
Well, I have 40 inches; 32 more to go.
I had to pull out my stash bin for more white yarn, having already used one Caron One Pound and three Red Heart Super Savers. I found some smaller skeins in my stash; I hope they are sufficient to complete this project. I had also found a bag of white, with a bag of black during my stash search; I’d hate to touch that, as it appears to be a project in it’s potential state.
Took me a minute to get the right width dimension; though, it’s still not absolutely correct, over by half and inch. Oh well. This is the smaller of the two all-white strips. It is a little monotonous crocheting seed stitch in one color, but at least the piece is not the wide, just long: 72 inches!
It looks like things are “shaping” up just about right around here. The picture illustrates how laying out shows sides more even than the last post.
As theorized, I think vertical-strip-design was the way to go. Yay! The middle portion of my schematic is complete…despite an inequality between sides: the top portion is 116 sts, while the bottom is 115 sts. Don’t worry, be happy! This does not affect the other aspects of this design.
I am now working on the the left side; fortunately, the thinner faster side. I’m not looking forward to the right section. While the crochet seed stitch is simple, the monotony begins to bore me and I fall asleep or tire of crocheting; that right side looks daunting!
I am determined to keep my legs elevated ALL DAY in hopes of alleviated severe inflammation, so I crocheted since awakening the last of the Caron One Pound from which I was crocheting the seed stitch. This leaves me five-and-a-half inches away from my goal, to finish the first strip
I have indicated, by use of yellow arrows, to indicate the amount of displacement between the Caron One Pound and the existing yarn. It does not appear as bad as it was when I had just finished the first end. Once I add the final two strips, I am now more sure it should all even out.
Time to break out the Red Heart Super Saver I found at a yard sale last week.