Troublemaker

Troublemaker

The Name

Troublemaker by Weezer

Props for posting a music video!

This was almost named The Devil Went Down To Georgia, but then Troublemaker came on. As I was listening to the lyrics, I began to identify, which, again, made me feel prophetic, melancholic, nostalgia. This of course just intensified my feelings, as I took the lyrics to heart and realized the reason for my loneliness.

I’m a troublemaker, never been a faker
Doing things my own way and never giving up
I’m a troublemaker, not a double-taker
I don’t have the patience to keep it on the up

Troublemaker

The Slouchy Skully

Dimensions: 11 x 11 inches
Pattern: The Hadley Slouch by Olive+Brook

Apparently, I had this pattern open on my iPad. Why not.

Well, before I even finished my crown, I began to worry as I was exceeding the normal size crown I usually make: 5-5.5 inch diameter, which allows for a negative 2-inch ease for snugness. I checked my guage and I was spot on. I convinced myself to carry on with the pattern, as that was my initial goal: to get rid of all my unlabeled yarn and hats are fast.

The pattern specifies…

The hat should fit a young teen to a woman (20” to 22”) as this hat has a nice stretch to it

As I have a 23-inch head, I incorporated some allowance for a looser fit because I always reserve the right to keep something if I really like it – instead of giving it to charity.

Chorus: 😀

It seemed to loosen up more each time I tried it on, however, it wasn’t slouching the way I wanted it to. I crocheted on – just follow the pattern being my mantra. When I got to the brim, I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to break free and improvise, so…

  1. started the brim in the back loop for more of a distinction between the hat and the brim
  2. I tried an improvised rib of aligned, alternating front loop and back loop single crochets

As I approached the end of the brim, I even tightened my tension for more snugness.

It fit’s my 23-inch head okay. My niece-in-law was visiting, so I asked her to put it on. She was also satisfied with the fit, and she has long hair.

Regarding the slouch, perhaps a little bit more height? The crochet tension? Bigger hook? Crochet fabric versus knitted fabric?

I found my 8 DPNs so I may be knitting some hats also.

Troublemaker

The Yarn

Unknown Red
Color: Slasher*; Content: Unknown+; Weight: 4, Worsted

Unknown Black
Color: Basher*; Content: Unknown+; Weight: 4, Worsted

* color designation by Hooker Leo due to missing label
+ presumed man-mad fibers, per burn test

The Metro

The Name

The Metro by Berlin

I took the easiest, most accommodating opportunity with this name. With Masquerade cueing to end, my mind free-associated the design of th

e scarf with the a song i knew by the same group.

The Scarf

Dimensions: 80 x 3 inches

Cast on 14 double-strand stitches and worked a 1×1 rib to desired length. The scarf will be donated to charity via the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers knitting guild.

 The Yarn

Unlabeled yarn balls ‘n’ scraps acquired from either CSNanaCat or the El Segundo Slipt Stitchers knitting guild.

In My Own Little Corner

The Name

In My Own Little Corner by Julie Andrews from Cinderella (1957)

Trying to re-engage my humility.

The Scarf

Dimensions: 53 x 4 inches

Duplicate of Got ‘Til It’s Gone, except a different yarn with approximately the same amount in two skeins.

The Yarn

Berroco Comfort DK

Color: 2705
Content: 50% Super Fine Acrylic, 50% Super Fine Nylon
Weight: 3 – Light, DK, Sport

Stairway To Heaven: Highway To Hell

It’s official…I’ve left the Stairway To Heaven for the Highway To Hell.

I embarked last night while creating a magic ball from the last of the yarn remnants from the raffle basket, gifted to me by Rosa at the 2018 June El Segundo Slipt Stitchers guild meeting. While creating the ball one of the yarn remnants had a glitter yarn! This was my opportunity to separate the glitter yarns I had acquired, and coincidentally, the thicker glitter yarn I had less of, I was able to incorporate into the magic ball.

Bonus!

I was able to incorporate this ribbon yarn that I had previously decided to re-gift back to the guild raffle because the ribbon is so slippery, knots come undone…even with the second glitter yarn twist-plied with it.

My Solution: long tail cast on. I am hoping I some at the guild may have a solution on how to secure, otherwise, I suppose I could secure the tail by sewing.

I am working a 1×1 Rib, which I love because it adds cushiness.