Little Red Corvette by Prince
I am trying to rid myself of all my scraps and odd balls, so I got all my DK and sport weight yarns and started crocheting. Nothing was working. Restarted about three times and got frustrated working with the beginning yarns. Then I had the idea of double-stranding.
Pretty challenging crochet, as the Unknown Red 1 yarn was bumpy and so was the pink. However, the red ran the entire length.
Unknown Pink: Man-made fiber
Unknown Magenta: Natural fiber
Unknown Red 1: Natural fiber
Unknown Red 2: Natural fiber
Unknown Carmine: Natural fiber
All yarns burn tested.
If memory serves, the Unknown Red 2 yarn is rayon from Netwon’s Yarn Country; I had used it previously on Holly Golightly (2011-2012), a shawl I gifted to Kathleen. Jeez! six years that scrap has been in my stash; well, it’s gone now!
I was going to construct in single crochet only, but I notice my single crochet was creating a bias on the fabric. So I added double crochets and did not notice any change. Lightbulb! Do a second row of single crochet to counter act the first. As you can see the natural tendency is to twist. I think it’s related to the width.
The double crochets created lightness to a scarf whose heft is substantial.