So, what am I donating?
I was able to fit scarves, cowls and afghans into my favorite bin. Everything has been tagged with project name and fiber content on the back of my old business cards. Of course, the phone is wrong, but hey, I might attract more followers.
Shut up! It could happen 😀 😀 😀
Here is a complete list:
One In Ten
I Had A Dream I Was Falling Through A Hole In The Ozone Layer
Black Or White
I’ve Got You Under My Skin
Let’s Go Fly A Kite
Ease On Down The Road
Midnight At The Oasis
I Feel Free
Sweet Dream (Are Made Of This)
If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags)
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Here are the shawls, which I will get to next month. I am actually notice more room in my garage residence. The funny thing is that while i tagging everything for charity, I decided to keep the more quality fibers for myself…like…
Fade Away and Radiate
Strawberry Fields Forever Water Dragon Shoulder Wrap
Holiday In Cambodia
Felix The Cat
One In Ten by 808 State
The association is between the name of the song: one in ten; and the name of this pattern: ten-stitch.
Dimensions: 28-inch Squared
I was looking around my room for something new to start knitting, having finished Stairway To Heaven. I came across a blue of purple/blue scraps, which led me to thinking about One In Ten, another project I had recently uncovered from April 2016. To free up a project bag, I pulled it out and resumed.
At first it took me a second to remember the correct connection scheme I had chosen. Once that came back, I was faced with a corner. I wasn’t sure I wanted to tax my mind so much in one day, and it looked big enough that I could end it for a baby or infant. What the heck!
Ten Stitch Blanket by Frankie Brown
This afghan contains Skacel Simpliworsted, Artfibers Carezza, Patons North America Brilliant (3 colors), Sirdar Snuggly Baby Care DK, among a variety of other yarns of bulky weight, and lighter weight yarns combined to compose bulky weight yarn.
Fibers consist of most anything you can think: acrylic, nylon, wool, silk, polyester, bamboo, soy, cotton.
I finally found…
- the perfect pattern for the next scrap afghan
- my new portable project
- and a project name – One In Ten – to honor one of my most favorite bands – 808 State
I’ll admit I was wary of picking up stitches, which I have done incorrectly, but present as as an invisible join…more or less! Even with the fur yarns, I did not have any difficulty finding the stitches to pick up. After about a couple of turns, I have learned how to turn the same way each time. I am not an avid fan of the holes in the turn, preferring a defined ridge decoration.
The good news is that I have already run out of scraps! The bad news, is that I have to start making more light weight stuff for more scraps, as this is a combination of yarn weights 1, 2, and 3 to make a 4 ply yarn to work with. So far I have gotten luck with maintaining an even ply…more or less.
Cast On: April 20, 2016
Pattern: Ten Stitch Blanket by Frankie Brown
Yarn (Used so far…):
- Sirdar Snuggly Baby Care DK (Fiber Content: 60% Acrylic, 40% Cotton; Yarn Color: 0321; Yarn Weight: 3, DK)
- Patons Brilliant (Fiber Content: 69% Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 12% Polyester; Yarn Color: 3143 Blue Shimmer; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport)
- Patons Brilliant (Fiber Content: 69% Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 12% Polyester; Yarn Color: 3005 White Twinkle; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport)
- Patons Brilliant (Fiber Content: 69% Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 12% Polyester; Yarn Color: 3425 Sparkling Rose; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport)
- Artfibers Carezza (Fiber Content: Silk, Alpaca, Merino; Yarn Color: 17; Yarn Weight: 1, Fingering)
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice (Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic; Yarn Color: 404 Dark Heather; Yarn Weight: 4, Aran)
Needle: US 9
Size: To be determined…
Now back to Oakland Raiders (in the background)…