Having made When Doves Cry, a knit bias shawl, I am loving the construction and wanted to make another of my own design.
On my first attempt I was starting with a k1, yo, but that did not make joining new colors any easier, so I switched sides and began with K the whole row and ending with a k2tog at the end (beginning side). This made new color add a little easier to manage, not so loose.
I have completed my first garter stitch section and have begun a yo, k2tog lace pattern, which I have also just completed. The next section with be a continuous garter section of the leftovers of the colors used so far. After that, back to black, though in what stitch has yet to be determined.
Ugh! I already noticed a mistake in the lace, but I am not tinking or frogging back.