I finally found…
- the perfect pattern for the next scrap afghan
- my new portable project
- and a project name – One In Ten – to honor one of my most favorite bands – 808 State
I’ll admit I was wary of picking up stitches, which I have done incorrectly, but present as as an invisible join…more or less! Even with the fur yarns, I did not have any difficulty finding the stitches to pick up. After about a couple of turns, I have learned how to turn the same way each time. I am not an avid fan of the holes in the turn, preferring a defined ridge decoration.
The good news is that I have already run out of scraps! The bad news, is that I have to start making more light weight stuff for more scraps, as this is a combination of yarn weights 1, 2, and 3 to make a 4 ply yarn to work with. So far I have gotten luck with maintaining an even ply…more or less.
- Sirdar Snuggly Baby Care DK (Fiber Content: 60% Acrylic, 40% Cotton; Yarn Color: 0321; Yarn Weight: 3, DK)
- Patons Brilliant (Fiber Content: 69% Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 12% Polyester; Yarn Color: 3143 Blue Shimmer; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport)
- Patons Brilliant (Fiber Content: 69% Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 12% Polyester; Yarn Color: 3005 White Twinkle; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport)
- Patons Brilliant (Fiber Content: 69% Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 12% Polyester; Yarn Color: 3425 Sparkling Rose; Yarn Weight: 2, Sport)
- Artfibers Carezza (Fiber Content: Silk, Alpaca, Merino; Yarn Color: 17; Yarn Weight: 1, Fingering)
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice (Fiber Content: 100% Acrylic; Yarn Color: 404 Dark Heather; Yarn Weight: 4, Aran)
Needle: US 9
Size: To be determined…
Now back to Oakland Raiders (in the background)…